Vitamin/mineral combination, adult formula (By mouth)
Multivitamins with minerals are given to people who need more vitamins and minerals in their diet.
Ace + Z, Aces, Aces Plus Zinc, Actical, Advanced Stress Formula Plus Zinc, Allergy Formula, Antioxidant Formula, Apetigen Plus, B-50 Complex, BP FoliNatal Plus B, BP MultiNatal Plus, Beelith, Bone Density Formula, Cal-Citrate Plus Vitamin D, Cal-KThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to a vitamin, multivitamin, or any mineral (such as fluoride, calcium, iron, zinc, and others).
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, Capsule, Liquid, Chewable Tablet, Wafer, Powder, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole, unless the directions say you can break, crush, or chew the vitamin. Some tablets have a special coating and should not be chewed. Chewable tablets should be chewed thoroughly before swallowing.
- Measure the oral liquid vitamins with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, medicine dropper, or medicine cup. You may mix the liquid with food.
- For spray vitamins: Spray the liquid directly into your mouth, on the inside of your cheek. Wait 30 seconds before swallowing.
If a dose is missed:
- If a dose is missed, you can take it when you remember.
- It is generally not harmful if you miss a dose of a multivitamin.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in a closed container away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine away from children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, check with your doctor. It is very important during this time to take the right vitamins in the right amounts.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease. You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, because they may harm your kidneys. Ask your caregiver what brands are best for you.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- You should not use more of this medicine than your doctor has ordered or more than the label on the bottle recommends. Certain vitamins can build up in the body and may cause harm.
- Vitamin supplements can sometimes make the stool darker and the urine dark yellow. This is normal.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite, indigestion, or nausea
- Staining of teeth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/2/2022