Sebelipase alfa (By injection)
Sebelipase Alfa (se-be-LYE-pase AL-fa)
Treats lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
KanumaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to sebelipase alfa.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are allergic to eggs or egg products.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
- Fever, chills, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stuffy or runny nose
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 5/1/2020