Glycyrrhizic acid/hyaluronate (On the skin)
Glycyrrhizic Acid (GLIS-er-ri-zik AS-id), Hyaluronate Sodium (hye-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Relieves itching, burning, and pain caused by skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis or allergic contact dermatitis. This medicine helps relieve dry, waxy skin by keeping the skin moist.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to glycyrrhizic acid or hyaluronate.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- If the skin is broken, cover the affected area with a dressing after you apply this medicine unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have an allergy to nuts or nut oils.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/2/2022