Electrolyte supplement (By mouth)
Treats and prevents dehydration. Replaces water, salts, and minerals lost through diarrhea or vomiting.
CeraLyte 50, CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90, CeraORS 75, CeraSport, CeraSport EX1, CeraSport Electrolyte Drink Mix, CeraSport Electrolyte Hydration Drink Mix, CeraSport Endurance, CeraSport Plus, Drip Drop Hydration Powder, Enfamil 5% Glucose in Water, Gerber Good Start Water, Gerber Replenish, GialaxThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to potassium citrate, sodium chloride (salt), or sodium citrate. Do not give this medicine to a child who has had an allergic reaction to potassium citrate, sodium chloride (salt), or sodium citrate.
How to Use This Medicine:
Liquid, Tablet, Packet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Some liquid brands of this medicine should not be used more than 48 hours (2 days) after the medicine was opened. Follow the instructions on the medicine label, and throw out medicine that has been open for more than 48 hours.
- The liquid medicine that comes in a plastic sleeve can be frozen and eaten as a popsicle. You can also pour the medicine from the sleeve into a cup or glass to drink. Throw out any of the medicine that you do not use right away.
- Do not add additional water or juice to the liquid brands of this medicine. Adding more liquids can cause the medicine not to work as well.
- Do not heat the liquid medicine.
- To use the powder medicine, follow the directions on the packet. Mix the powder with the correct amount of water in a cup or glass, and stir until all the powder is dissolved. Refrigerate any unused medicine in a closed container. Throw out any unused medicine after 24 hours (1 day).
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Dispose of outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed. Throw out any liquid medicine that has been open for longer than 48 hours (2 days). Throw out any of the powder medicine that has been open for longer than 24 hours (1 days).
- After using the liquid medicine from the reclosable bottle, put the cap back on the bottle, and store any unused portion in the refrigerator.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you or your child has kidney failure.
- If your or your child's diarrhea or vomiting continues or gets worse, or if you or your child has sunken eyes, extreme thirst, or severe drowsiness, call your doctor or healthcare provider right away.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Diarrhea lasting more than 24 hours.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/2/2022