Pancreatin (By mouth)
Helps patients who have cystic fibrosis (and other conditions) digest food.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to pancrelipase, pancreatin, or pork protein.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- Take the medicine with meals and snacks as directed by your doctor.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets or capsules. Swallow them whole.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking iron supplements or vitamins that contain iron.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have severe pancreas disease or other medical problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or severe itching
- Trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stomach upset or cramps
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/2/2022